One of the underrated aspects of aging in women pertains to the health and wellness issues around it. The hormonal imbalances around menopause cause various ailments in women.
The urogynecological problems in women can be treated by medical procedures and surgeries today. However, many women are unaware of the gravity of their medical issues and the treatment options available.
Many anti-aging clinics in Canada offer interventions like non surgical vaginal injections to treat age-related health complications in women. They have been proven to yield desired results.
This article takes you through the various health issues seen in aging women and the remedies available for treatment.
Let us begin!
Health issues in menopausal women
Menopause is a period of transition in a woman’s life that comes with its set of challenges. The hormonal changes in the body have a direct impact on the physiological and psychological functioning of a woman’s body.
Some commonly experienced conditions are
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
- Loosening of vaginal tissues
- Painful intercourse
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Loss of libido
- Decreased energy levels
Today various medical interventions are available to treat the above conditions.
Health interventions available
- Laser treatment: The laser’s thermal effect is used to stimulate the vaginal mucosa tissue. It results in collagen remodeling and neogenesis in the mucosa tissue. It leads to vaginal fibers being tightened. This gives greater support to the bladder and thickens the mucosa. It is a good treatment option for urinary incontinence and vaginal laxity.
- O-Shot PRP: It is an orgasm enhancement injection using the patient’s platelets. Platelet-rich plasma(PRP) is used to regenerate the vaginal tissue. The procedure involves extracting platelets and plasma from the patient’s blood and reinjecting them in the vaginal area.
- Hormone therapy: Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a popular method of treating patients with hormones that are similar to those produced in the body. A combination of estrone, estradiol, testosterone, progesterone, and thyroid hormones is used to regain the hormonal balance in the body.
Tips to healthy aging
- Maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Take a nutritious diet and get adequate sleep.
- Consult a qualified clinician to accurately diagnose any health complications.
- Choose the medical treatment that is most suitable for your body.
- Live a stress-free life.
Healthy aging is the right of every woman. For that, diagnosis and treatment of health ailments are necessary. Choose a qualified clinical expert to resolve your health issues and ensure healthy aging.