An online survey is a way to get to know your customers better: study their habits and expectations, collect opinions about products or services, and understand in which direction to develop the business. So, how to make a survey and how to choose a good service?
How to measure performance? How to measure customer satisfaction? Not all parameters are quantifiable, and the subjective assessment of the participants in the process often remains the only available way to analyze the effectiveness. Surveys and questionnaires, collection and analysis of comments are valuable and, in some cases, even the only way to learn about the effectiveness of individual operations and the process.
Criteria for choosing a service for conducting surveys
When conducting surveys, entrepreneurs and marketers solve the problem in different ways. They often take the first survey maker from the search results, create a form and consider the task solved.
The problem with the approach is that almost immediately, problems arise. For example, in many services on a free plan, you cannot share a link for posting on social networks. This feature can be available only to owners of a paid subscription, which is not cheap. The following points should be considered:
- Smartphone optimization. Surveys with many questions can be conveniently completed from a computer, but some respondents will use the phone.
- Trial version. Access to paid features will help you evaluate the feasibility of paying for a subscription.
- Availability of support. If a problem arises during operation, it must be resolved promptly.
- Flexible design settings. For survey participants, design plays a significant role.
- Offered templates. There should be at least 5-10 of them.
- Ways for distributing the survey. Sending by email, embedding a form on the site, sharing links in social networks, and other options.
So, when choosing, you must start with the tasks the survey service will solve. The form builder is everywhere, but not all platforms offer important options like field adaptability.