We all crave a beautiful and sparkling smile. The aesthetic look we get when we smile in our hearts is very unique. It lifts our mood and also helps us to strengthen our facial muscles. However, some people cannot smile their hearts out because they feel that there is some problem with their smile, so they refrain from smiling.
If you are among those, you need to know that there are specific common cosmetic dental procedures that will help you get a beautiful smile. In this article, we will study about those dental procedures. If you are living in Downtown Chicago, you can visit any of the cosmetic dentist in Downtown Chicago who can treat your dental problems with their expert knowledge.
What are the Five Most Common Cosmetic Dental Procedures?
- Teeth Whitening: We have been groomed since childhood that our teeth should be white, but on the contrary, the natural thing is different. The teeth have two layers; the outer layer is known as enamel, whereas the inner layer is known as dentin. So, this dentin imparts a slightly yellow color on teeth, but people are not happy with this yellow tinge. In addition, some foods and beverages like coffee, red wine, alcohol, tea, tobacco, and other such products affect your teeth. So, you can use teeth whitening procedures to help you maintain your white teeth and enhance your smile.
- Dental or Enamel Bonding: It is also known as a common dental procedure used to fill chipped, stained, or cracked teeth. In this process, a tooth-colored material is used to fill the gap. The material used in the teeth can easily mold and take the shape of the teeth, giving a beautiful look in your mouth.
- Reshaping and Tooth Contouring: It is a non-invasive, inexpensive method to treat chipped teeth, slight overlaps, tooth edges, and other minor problems. This reshaping and tooth contouring takes place in the outer layer of enamel, also known as enamel contouring.
- Porcelain Veneers: It is considered one of the best cosmetic treatments. Veneers are thin porcelain shells that fit over the teeth’ facial surface. It is made up of composite porcelain materials. This procedure effectively removes crooked, discolored teeth and fills the gap between the spaced teeth.
- Cosmetic Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are generally known as caps and are customized to fit your teeth. They are made of acrylic and porcelain for aesthetic purposes; therefore, using these materials for dental cosmetic purposes is practical.